3 minutes - Article
Healthy and delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas!
Meal planning and cooking can be easy with just a little bit of information. Try new ideas that follow the Canada Food Guide like this scramble that you can make in less than 15 minutes:
Egg and Veggie Scramble
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups mixed frozen or fresh vegetables (such as onions, bell peppers, mushrooms)
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and ground black pepper with a fork. Set aside.
- Add oil to a medium 25 cm (10 inch) non-stick skillet and heat on medium heat. Add the mixed vegetables and cook for 2–3 minutes stirring often until they are tender. If the vegetables release too much liquid, try increasing the heat to high for the last minute until the moisture evaporates.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Continue cooking, without stirring, for 3 minutes or until the eggs start to set. Use a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon and gently push the egg and vegetable mixture towards the centre of the pan and fold over, forming large pieces.
Continue gently folding the eggs until they are cooked through, about 3-5 minutes more. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
(photo credit: Canada Food Guide)