3 minutes - Video
Step your game up with this easy and tasty recipe.
Try out this vegetarian option from The Basic Shelf Cookbook and impress your meat eating friends! Use fresh green beans when they are in season. In the winter, use a can of green beans instead.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Turn on stove to high heat. Half fill a medium pot with water and heat to boiling. Add green beans and cook until they are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Put green beans, chickpeas and onion in a large bowl.
- Mix oil, vinegar, basil and garlic powder in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the green bean mixture. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold. Just before serving, stir gently.
(photo credit: www.cpha.ca)