3 minutes - Video
A simple, healthy soup to impress even yourself!
Another great video and recipe from the Canadian Public Health Association and The Basic Shelf Cookbook
If you have any leftover vegetables or leftover cooked meat, just add them to the soup too!
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1½ cups diced, raw potatoes
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) cream style corn
- salt and pepper
- Turn on stove to medium heat. Melt margarine in a large pot. Add chopped onion and cook until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and Homemade Chicken Stock to the pot. Heat to boiling. Turn down the heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add milk and corn. Cook and stir mixture constantly over medium low heat for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
(photo credit: www.cpha.ca)