2 minutes - Article
Explore food choices, eating habits and recipes.
Canada's Food Guide recommends that you eat a variety of healthy foods each day, including:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Protein (eggs, meat)
- Whole grains
- Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits, whole grain foods and protein foods.
- Choose protein foods that come from plants more often.
- Choose foods with healthy fats instead of saturated fat
- Limit highly processed foods. If you choose these foods, eat them less often and in small amounts.
- Prepare meals and snacks using ingredients that have little to no added sodium, sugars or saturated fat
- Choose healthier menu options when eating out
- Make water your drink of choice
- Replace sugary drinks with water
- Use food labels
- Be aware that food marketing can influence your choices
(photo credit: Canada's Food Guide)