3 minutes - Video
Snack or Supper, do it yourself!
Search your fridge to find some great pizza toppings. Be creative! Look for whole wheat english muffins to make this even healthier from The Basic Shelf Cookbook. Use other toppings such as canned pineapple, ham or leftover cooked meat.
- 3 English muffins, cut in half
- Tomato Sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup grated cheese
- dried basil and dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Turn on oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place English muffin halves on a baking sheet.
- Spread Tomato Sauce on each muffin half. Sprinkle with basil, oregano, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put onion, green pepper and mushrooms on top of each muffin half. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
(photo credit: www.cpha.ca)