ID and Documents

Changing your Sex Marker on Alberta ID


2 minutes - Article

You can change your marker from M or F to X

A new publication from BearPaw Media and Education:

You can change your sex marker on your Alberta I.D. to “X”, “F” (female), or “M” (male) to represent your gender identity (how you define your gender) and expression (how you present your gender).

You do not have to change your biological sex to change the sex marker on your I.D.

View the publication here.

Related Resources