2 minutes - Article
Some jobs may require you to take ProServe training.
Certification is required for working in restaurants or bars where liquor is served. Visit the ProServe Liquor Staff Training to learn more. From their website:
ProServe was created to provide responsible liquor service training to licensees and their staff working in liquor service, retail businesses and the provision of security services in licensed premises in Alberta. It is applicable for staff working on-premises (bar, restaurant, private club or mass assembly venue), in a retail establishment or other in activities surrounding liquor service (delivery service, liquor sampling or a licensed public special event).
The program is designed to:
- Help licensees and staff fulfill social responsibilities
- Help achieve a balance between creating a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for patrons and reducing liability
- Help liquor industry workers understand and apply relevant liquor legislation
- Promote the responsible sale of liquor in service and retail environments
- Provide the knowledge to identify signs of intoxication and the techniques to effectively refuse or discontinue service