Transition to Adulthood

TAP into It: New Children's Services support


3 minutes - Article

New Transition to Adulthood (TAP) Program launched by Alberta Children’s Services

TAP was created to give you easier access to all the important stuff you need like information, people, benefits, supports, and funding!

Learn more about the options that are still available to you by talking to a TAP Practitioner. This Practitioner is not a caseworker. They are a Children’s Services staff member who can help connect you with all the important stuff you may need.

Contact a TAP Practitioner today at [email protected] or learn more on the Children's Services website.

Financial Support

If you are between 18 – 22 years old, you may be eligible for financial support up to about $1800/month. Funding may be used for utilities and phone bills, food, transportation, housing, and more. If you have children, you may qualify for additional funding.

Cultural Support Too

TAP workers can also support you in some surprising ways, like providing funding for you to participate in your cultural activities and ceremony.

Benefits and More

Your TAP Practitioner can give you advice or answer questions you may have about finding a job, school options, moving out on your own, and mental health or even addiction support.

Be open, honest and ask for what you need! The TAP Practitioners are here for you and want to see you succeed. They know what’s out there and can help you find it!

  • Housing searches
  • Adult Supports - Programs like Alberta Insurance for the Severely Handicapped (AISH)
  • Support your search for family connections
  • Life Skills
  • Employment/Training

Related Resources