OCYA and Rights

OCYA Complaint?


1 minute - Article

If you have a complaint about OCYA work or service, your voice will be heard.

Office of the Child and Youth Advocate Complaints Policy:

The Office of the Child and Youth Advocate is an organization that strives towards continual improvement and is committed to providing high quality services to children and youth. If you have a complaint about our work or service, we will do our best to listen and seek to understand your concerns. We will also try to address your complaint and learn from it, which will lead to improved services for all. OCYA staff believe that learning from complaints is a powerful way to increase trust from those who we deal with. All complaints are treated seriously, with courtesy and fairness.

What is a complaint?

It is any dissatisfaction with the services we provided or with the behavior of our staff.

Who can make a complaint?

Anyone can make a complaint. A complaint can even be made on someone’s behalf.

A complaint can be made by:

  • Telephone: (780) 422-6056 or (800) 661-3446
  • Email: [email protected]
  • In writing: #600, 9925 109 Street NW -Edmonton AB T5K 2J8
  • Fax: (780) 422-3675

Related Resources