Custody Agreement with a Youth


2 minutes - Article

If you are 16 years of age or older you may be able to enter into a Custody Agreement with Children's Services.

A Custody Agreement with a Youth may be entered into when you are in need of intervention and your safety, security and development can be protected by the agreement. As you transition to adulthood, Children's Services may consider criteria such as:

  • you are living independently from your guardian
  • it is not in your best interests to return to the guardian
  • your guardian cannot or will not protect you
  • less intrusive measures cannot adequately protect you

If you are the subject of a Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) agreement, the FSCD agreement will be terminated once you enter into a custody agreement.

To learn more about a Custody Agreement with a Youth, talk to your caseworker or a support person who can assist you in finding the appropriate Children’s Services resource.

Related Resources